Friday, January 6, 2012

PERSONAL:Wedding & Honeymoon Recap

I'm not going to pretend to be an avid blogger (because, obvi, I'm not). I will say that this past year has been one of the most challenging and exciting years of my life. The most memorable experience of the year would have to be my wedding. [Insert DUH! here.]

I married my best friend on September 10th, 2011. We had a small but beautiful ceremony at a church in the ghetto, oh--the memories, followed by a drunken reception at the BK Club. As much as I loved the planning process, I could not be happier that it's over. I lost one of my best friends, spent hours arguing with vendors and lost about half of my hair. Regardless, it was a great day with memories that Matt and I will cherish forever. 

The day after the wedding we embarked on a trip from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Marteen, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Thomas & Barbados, our honeymoon. Neither of us had ever been on such a big vacation so it was really special to experience it together. It took some getting used to, being on a floating city and all, but after nearly falling flat on my face every time I stood up for an entire 24 hours, I adjusted and we had the most amazing time. St. Lucia was my favorite stop of all. We went on a "shore excursion" called Whale and Dolphin Watch. Mind. Blown. For as long as I can remember, I have been so fascinated by dolphins and here they were...close enough to touch. They were breathtakingly beautiful. I think Matt enjoyed double fisting rum punch more than he enjoyed seeing dolphins, but what can I say? He's a man.We were super sad to come home and head back to the daily grind of working, cooking for ourselves and making our own bed but ecstatic to see our families and fur babies. We came home to a clean house (because I have the best older sister in the entire world), meals for the first few nights we were home and unopened gifts from the wedding. Eased the blow a bit. LMAO. (:

So there you have it, the best week and a half of my life in 2ish short paragraphs. You're welcome. 

I'll work on posting wedding/honeymoon pics this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment